New and old Categories:
Coppermine and Coppermine Epic as you know it
Team Categories including Family, Corporate and parent&Child
Single Speed and E Bike
Costumes optional for everyone, but there will be a prize for the best dressed individual or team!
Coppermine Ebike: Your ebike will need to comply with the eligibility criteria set out below:
1. Bikes need to comply with the New Zealand Transport Authority’s definition of a power-assisted cycle which is:
(a) a vehicle that has at least two wheels and that is designed primarily to be propelled by the muscular energy of the rider; and
(b) includes a power-assisted cycle.
Power-assisted cycle means a cycle to which is attached one or more auxiliary propulsion motors that have a combined maximum power output not exceeding 300W.
2. All bikes entering this category will be limited to one battery. The batteries must be sealed with an appropriate label.
3. Technical assistance from the outside during the race is not allowed.
4. Bikes should be governed to not exceed 25km per hour. No added dongles/attachments are allowed that will result in the computer being misread to achieve a higher speed. Bikes may be inspected prior to the race.
5. Riders in this category will complete the Coppermine course.
All competitors must read the rules and safety information.
Event Day: Saturday 10 February 2018
Event Cost: $70 (NMTBC members), $80 non-members. $85 for everyone from 15 January 2018. This includes a t shirt, a free beer/ginger beer and food at the end of the race, plus other sponsor products.
Registration: Friday 9 February from 12.00pm - 8.00pm at the Gravity Nelson Conatiner on 53 Bridge Street, Pocket Park, Nelson (behind Westpac Bank) or Saturday 10 February from 8.00am at the event.
Event briefing: 9.30am at the start line.
Event start: 10.00am
Prize giving: As soon as the last rider crosses the finish line. Performance and spot prizes will be awarded. Massage, coffee and food is available to purchase on the day (cash only).
Event Village: from start to finish we will have the Sprig and Fern Ginger Beer games
How to get to Nelson: By car, Ferry from the North Island or if your're flying into Nelson, check out the airline policies for travelling with a bike: Air NZ, Jet Star
Note that Jet Star also do group bookings.
How to get the event: The event starts at the Maitai Esplanade Reserve, approx 5km up the Maitai Valley. Follow the "MTB Event" signs up the Maitai Valley Road. See map below.
Withdrawals received before the 15th of January will be refunded, less a $15 administration fee. There are no refunds from the 15th of January.