Timed Descent: The timed section will be from Coppermine Saddle to the South Branch Maitai Bridge at the bottom of Boulder Valley. You must opt into this category when you register - it is not compulsory. All riders who do opt in, must finish either the Coppermine or Epic courses.
Coppermine Ebike: Your ebike will need to comply with the eligibility criteria set out below:
1. Bikes need to comply with the New Zealand Transport Authority’s definition of a power-assisted cycle which is:
(a) a vehicle that has at least two wheels and that is designed primarily to be propelled by the muscular energy of the rider; and
(b) includes a power-assisted cycle.
Power-assisted cycle means a cycle to which is attached one or more auxiliary propulsion motors that have a combined maximum power output not exceeding 300W.
2. All bikes entering this category will be limited to one battery. The batteries must be sealed with an appropriate label.
3. Technical assistance from the outside during the race is not allowed.
4. Bikes should be governed to not exceed 25km per hour. No added dongles/attachments are allowed that will result in the computer being misread to achieve a higher speed. Bikes may be inspected prior to the race.
5. Riders in this category will complete the Coppermine course.
All competitors must read the rules and safety information.
Event Day: Saturday 11 February 2017
Event Cost: $70 (NMTBC members), $80 non-members. $85 for everyone from 15 January. This includes a free beer/ginger beer and food at the end of the race, plus other sponsor products.
Registration: Friday 10 February from 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm at The Milton Street Sprig and Fern Tavern, 134 Milton Street, Nelson or Saturday 11 February from 8.00 am at the event.
Event briefing: 9.30 am at the start line.
Event start: 10.00 am Epic. 10.10 am Coppermine.
10.45 am Coppermine Ebike
Prize giving: As soon as the last rider crosses the finish line. Performance and spot prizes will be awarded. Massage, coffee and food is available to purchase on the day (cash only).
How to get the event: The event starts at the Maitai Esplanade Reserve, approx 5km up the Maitai Valley. Follow the "MTB Event" signs up the Maitai Valley Road. See map below.
Withdrawals received before the 15th of January will be refunded, less a $15 administration fee. There are no refunds from the 15th of January.